General Conditions of Warranty
The manufacturer provides a warranty for manufacturing faults for the merchandise for 12 months from the date of installation.
The warranty foes not cover damages caused by incorrect installation or maintenance. Rancilio macchine per caffe spa shall not be held liable for any damages caused by improper, erroneous or unreasonable use of its products.
The Warranty shall only be valid for the original purchaser.
Any return of the equipment must be authorised in writing by Rancilio spa.
The company grants the warranty at its discretion.
Disputes: any disputes shall be settled by the Court of Legnano.
Rancilio professional machines are supplied with an installation certificate so that the warranty may start from the date of installation. The certificate should be filled in correctly (serial number of the machine, stamp and signature of the installer, the date of installation and the stamp and signature of the customer, etc.) and sent within 10 days of installation.
Any anomalies encountered during installation must be noted on the installation certificate.
If Rancilio does not receive the installation certificate, the warranty period will start from the date of delivery of the machine from Rancilio's headquarters (the date on the transport document).
Important: In the event that an anomaly is encountered during installation that entails replacing a part, the request for a replacement should be made in accordance with the following instructions in order to receive the part under warranty.
Any anomalies indicated on the certificate are registered solely for the purposes of monitoring product quality.
Which components are covered by the warranty?
The warranty covers any parts that are defective within 12 months from the date of installation, providing that the installation was performed by an authorised RANCILIO technician.
The warranty does not cover any damages or breakages caused by: inexperienced, negligent or careless by the user, damages caused by a failure to refill the water softener, anomalies caused by the customer's electrical or plumbing systems, or tampering by non-authorised persons. The warranty does not cover parts subject to wear and tear, such as seals, filters, spray screens etc.
Furthermore, the warranty does not cover any damages caused by a failure to properly follow the instructions in the use and maintenance manual that comes with the product.
Requesting replacement parts under warranty
- The "request for replacement parts while under warranty" form should be filled out in full: date of assistance, machine model and serial number, code of the part to be replaced, the problem you have encountered, and the stamp and signature of the installer and the customer.
- Please send the request by fax to +39 0331 749887, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep the part for 60 days in case we need to check it. Rancilio reserves the right to examine the parts and to use its discretion to decide whether or not to replace them under warranty.
Once your request has been processed, you will receive a pro forma invoice to inform you that the warranty has been accepted and the part will be sent to you with your next order.
In the event that the warranty is nor accepted, you will be notified as such with an explanation as to why this is not possible.
Pumps and Boards
If pumps and/or boards need replacing, the faulty parts need to be returned to "Rancilio After Sales" department before the replacement parts can be sent out. In this case, please pay particular attention to the following:
- Fill in the "request for replacement parts while under warranty" form as specified in the previous point 1.
- Post the faulty parts to the attention of the technical support department. State "material of no value" on the package and on the "Pro-forma Invoice"; enclose the above-mentioned form with all the relevant information.
- The form does not need to be sent by fax beforehand.
Requests to replace pumps and boards cannot be processed until the faulty parts have reached us.
Important - Italy only:
Please enclose the "bill of return" with the package. We will not be able to process your request without this document.
Important - for non-EU countries:
Please enclose a pro forma invoice with the package to the value of EUR10 marked with the following: "Value for customs purposes only, faulty goods with no commercial value."
By sending requests complete with all the necessary information and by following this procedure, we can manage your requests more easily and faster and reduce any errors or possible delays to a minimum
Thank you for your cooperation