Apply Now For The 2020 Grinders Coffee Grant
In celebration of the anonymous hours spent by countless creatives who spend days and sleepless nights refining their craft, The Grinders Grant is a new initiative supporting emerging Melbourne talent.
The Grinders Coffee Grant will be awarding another $25,000 to one selected Melbourne designer for 2020.
Follow the stories of the 2019 Grant recipients that have been awarded to illustrator Antra Svarcs, jewellery designer Megan Moss and singer/songwriter JANEVA.
Do you think you could be one of the 2020 recipients?
You are eligible to apply for the 2020 Grinders Grant if you are:
– a resident of Victoria
– over the age of 18
– pursuing a career in the design industry
– have an ABN
You are eligible to apply under any one of the following categories:
Illustrator, painter, computer animator, photographer, graphic designer, multimedia artist, sculptor, tattoo artist, typographer, fashion, jeweller, accessories, social media, couturier, product design
How to Enter
Method of entry is only limited by the creativity of the applicant.
Demonstrate what your creative undertaking is and tell us what The Grinders Grant will help you achieve in 2020.
Entries can be received by mail or electronically.
Upload size limit 10MB. PDF, JPEG and MP4 files accepted
Entrants will be selected on the creative nature and suitability of the work, as well as the designer co-existing with the Grinders ‘From The Streets of Melbourne’ campaign.
The panels judgement is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Requirements of Selected Recipient
A number of contributions will be required by the grant recipient as part of the ongoing promotion of the grant.
The recipient will be expected to appear in a series of still and video content undertakings from November 2019 to November 2020. This will be distributed in print, digital social media and will also be used for print and digital advertising. The recipient will also be required to take part in media interviews and PR.
The following list of deliverables is TBC and may be altered depending on the campaign schedule.
- 1 x half day photography shoot
- 3 x full day video shoots
- 3 x half day video shoots
- Ongoing talent generated content (iPhone videos, sketches, photos etc)
- 4 x vector icons for the Grinders Coffee website
- 3 x limited edition coffee cup designs
- 1 x limited edition poster design
- 15 post Instagram ‘takeover’ for @grinderscoffee, as well as ‘a day in the life of’ via Instagram stories
- Q&A article for Grinders Coffee ‘The Grind’ magazine
- 2 x Melbourne event appearances throughout the 12 months (TBC)
- Availability throughout the 12 months for up to 6 PR opportunities (TBC)